Cardiorespiratory fitness (CRF), measured as VO2-max, may be estimated by the Seismofit® System using of seismocardiography.
Seismofit® measures vibrations that arise from heart beats and are transmitted to the chest. Each heart has its own signature relating to opening and closing of valves and the relaxation and contraction of the heart chambers. The Seismofit® device is small in size, measuring only 3 cm in width, 5 cm in length and 1.5 cm in height. The device weighs less than 25 grams. The device is powered by a replaceable battery and features a high-performance accelerometer and Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) communication.
The system further includes an adhesive patch, a smartphone app and a cloud-based algorithm.
Recording the signal
Performing a recording with the Seismofit® System is easy and requires only the Seismofit® device and a smartphone to work.
- The Seismofit® device is attached to the adhesive patch
- The Seismofit® device is then attached to the subject, on the lower part of the sternum. The subjects should be in resting supine position during the whole procedure.
- In the accompanying app, subject height, weight, age and gender are entered.
- The recording of the signal is started. This takes about 45 seconds.
- When the recording is done, the signal is transferred to the phone and then to our secure servers, where the signal is analysed.
- The result of the signal analysis is returned to the app, which presents the personal VO2-max value.
Fast and Reliable
The Seismofit® System is fast and easy to use. The sensor communicates with the accompanying app via Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE). The app communicates with our secure Microsoft Azure server. Microsoft Azure reports 99.9% uptime, ensuring that you can always perform an analysis and obtain a VO2-max estimate.
Watch the instruction video
The video show how to insert the battery into the Seismofit® sensor, how to connect to the Seismofit® sensor from the app, how to apply and attach the Seismofit® path and how to perform a recording.
Using the Seismofit® system is simple and requires minimal training.